Flo Apps Ltd and its partners offer cutting-edge knowledge in interactive data visualizations and information design. Our team has collected tens of years of experience in the field. We are the leading producer of data visualizations in Finland; awards we’ve won pay testimony to the level of our expertise.
What do you get?
We usually kick off a data visualization project with a pre-study in which we cover following questions:
- How could our client utilize modern data visualizations on their website?
- Could infographics increase the time users spend on the client’s website?
- Could we improve the user experience with maps?
- Could we use open data sources on the website?
- What kind of data could – and should – be opened up?
What are our goals?
- Generate added value. Well-designed visualizations boost users’ interest in our clients’ services.
- Be creative. Our work is based on a humanistic tradition which seeks to understand people and find new ways to understand life.
- Be a forerunner. The work we do matters not only in Finland, but also internationally.
We work with some of the best professionals in the field. In most of our projects, we have worked with Juuso Koponen from Informaatiomuotoilu.fi.
In addition to modern day web technologies (HTML5, CSS 3, jQuery), we use a number of special tools to create infographics. These tools include
D3 is the leading tool for creating dynamic data visualizations.
- GoogleMaps and OpenStreetMaps
We are accustomed to working with different map libraries.
gRaphaël helps create chart visualizations; it is based on Raphaël graphics library.
Awards we’ve won
We have won a number of prizes in both Finland and internationally. In Finland, we have won three awards, including the first prize in the Apps4Finland contest of 2009.
Internationally, we have received three prizes, including an Honorary Mention from the World Bank in their 2011 Apps For Development contest.